Wednesday, January 10, 2007

308! Whodathunk?

I went to an uncle's office last night. It was 8 pm. The offices weren't completely ready. Assembled cubicles were lying around and electrical cables and chairs were all over the place; Cardboard and paint everywhere. The 3rd floor was partially done. Most of the cubicles were up and there was a semblance of order, the sort of order you would find in my sister's bedroom. My uncle was in the conference room, so I sat down to wait. There were 4 men, early to mid twenties, neatly dressed, a few feet away from me, playing tennis on Wii, on a large flat screen TV rather scarily perched on a desk. I waited for about 45 minutes and they played tennis twice, bowling once and golf rest of the time. I also heard Age of Empires sounds coming from the far end of the room and other sounds that I didn't recognise, but they were definitely video game sounds. They had that tinny effect.

My uncle came by later and said that those guys were "testing" and "doing research" and "comparisons". I want that job. He said it doesn't pay very well though.

Work work work.

My work is weird. Most of it, right now, seems to be sitting in meetings or making calls to people in different time zones; the time in between these meeting, I set up the other meetings. When do I do, you know, actual work? It's lunch time now, so don't be snide.

Eric Schmidt, the CEO of Google, addressing a convention, saying that his company estimates that a new blog is created every second of every day, and that the average readership of the average blog, according to Google, is now one.

So, would you say I'm average or above average? You are not allowed to say below average.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are 308 points above average.

    wait huh? 308? I think I missed something..

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely above average [:)]
    hey...that testing job sounds interesting...I want that job...any openings? n i'm serious!!!

    ReplyDelete