Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I saw Dodge Ball last night with D. She was very amused. Maybe it is not as bad as I remembered it. I still maintain that Ben Stiller is gross, very cringe inducing. Less said about him the better.

Why would somebody call himself Rip Torn. It boggles the mind.

Charlie's Angels was next. I fell asleep 15 mins into the movie. Apparently the power went out. D was very sorry that she couldn't finish the movie. Does Drew Barrymore look like Preity Zinta?

Have you noticed that some people (naming no names) stand too close to you during a conversation? There is this really short woman. She stands so close to me, she is looking more at my boobs than at me. Weird. I move back, she moves forward, till I am against the wall (of the cubicle). Then I end the conversation and leave, mumbling something about a meeting or a phone call. Uncomfortable, Very.

8 comments:

  1. I saw Hellboy last night :-|

    This standing-too-close thing ... I think it's got to do with the radius of comfort. Smaller people have smaller circles of comfort meaning they tend to get closer than is normal. Result being you're still outside their circle of comfort, but they're intruding into yours. Somebody get me a Nobel. Please.

    Anyway, I had this rather short er well-endowed colleague who insisted on getting too close for comfort. Can get very distracting at times. "Hello, a little distance ..."

    And no, Drew Barrymore does not look like Preity Zinta. It's that dimple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Smaller people have smaller circles of comfort meaning they tend to get closer than is normal. "

    Vish, you listening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha. Why didn't you blurt out "yikes! one arm distance please" ???? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you are warming up to Ben Stiller....good good.

    The kind of people you are talking about are referred to as "close-talkers" in Seinfeld

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, No I don't stand too close. I abhor physical human interaction on principle.

    Maybe she does want to stare at your boobs? Have you thought of that?

    And Dodgeball is awesome! Don't you dare!!

    word: senux- that just conjures up the dirty. Maybe because its se x with two letters in between that reminds me immediately of...anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I abhor physical human interaction on principle."

    Ha!

    "Maybe she does want to stare at your boobs?"

    I did think of that. Though that does not help my feeling uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Thought you would like that statement!

    ReplyDelete