Tuesday, September 06, 2005

phood

The Sister sent me a large parcel. I got it yesterday. It was wet, so I sorta freaked and ran with it to my room and opened it. Phew. It was wet only on the outside. I had 3 minutes to get to class.

Anyway, after the classes were over and done with (2 presentations! One in a sari!! To be honest, I didn't make any of the presentations; I was just sitting, and one of my group made the prez, but I was wearing a sari, whose blouse I almost forgot to iron and I answered questions after the presentations), I went back to my room and checked out the box. It was all add-water-and-boil Pasta and bread sticks and stuff. With great trepidation, I tried out the pasta. The instructions said, boil in water for 10 mins and then let it stay for 5 mins. Boil in water?? All I have is a 500ml kettle. So I boiled the water, put the pasta and the boiling water in a bowl and covered it. 5 minutes later, it was ready. It was a little rubbery, and I had put too much water and I should have added the masala thingy after draining the water, but whatever. It was good.

All the other packets need milk added to it... Wonder how that's going to turn out? How much of a mess am I going to make?

Stick around. One of these days, I'll feel hungry at night and I'll do it, and I'll let you know.

More coming up in The Adventures of Meera And Her Kettle.

Now I will go bathe and then have lunch. Cya later.

PS. Thnx Tar. The LOTR will follow shortly. I swear.

2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome, as long as you promise to make me do this only once a term.

    Oooooh, Meera dressed in a sari of her own volition. Man, I wish I'd been there to see that.

    ReplyDelete