Monday, September 19, 2005

rain

I hate rain. Everything is wet, soggy and unpleasant. Now, on top of that, we are having a cyclone. Yippee.... 150 km/hr. The clothes I washed last week still havent dried and now are probably lying on the lawn somewhere. ugh.

You can probably tell that I'm in a pissy mood. Not everything is bad.

The new term has started. I have 5 visiting profs this time. So most of my week is free and my weekends are all booked. It's weird. I had 1 class on friday, 3 on saturday, 2 on sunday, and none today. Cool.

The wind is howling outside, my curtains are pretty much all the time on the same plane as the fan and there is suddenly a lot of sand in my room. I saw a few good men last night. Jack Nicholsen has all the good lines in the movie.

I have 2 more projects from last term to finish. One will get over today, dunno when we have to finish the other.

I bitched about my project management midterm here once. Last week, I wrote the endterm exam. The paper was for 2 hours. As usual I was done in about an hour and fifteen and when I was leaving the prof stopped me and said that he "Enjoyed reading my midterm paper very much, it was very well written". UH? Cool. I thought I had done terribly. Sometiimes, it's nice when you are proved wrong. Sometimes.

I haven't written a lot this week because there have been a lot of power cuts here AND I have been sleeping all the time. Actually, the only time I don't sleep if I'm in my room is if there is a power cut.

I saw bits of Mortal Kombat before going to sleep last night. I had forgotten what an absolutely awful movie it is.

I read Tom Clancy's Executive Orders and Rainbow Six last week. They seem very hollywood friendly. Maybe Clancy wanted all his books to be made into movies. But after Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger, he should have learnt that they only take decent books and make them into terrible movies. I wonder if the Jack Reacher books will ever see Tinsletown? Who can play Jack Reacher? He has to be, according to the books, 6 ft 4 inches tall, broad as a barn door, fists like hammers, hair like sand, super smart, all knowing and with a tortured family history. What was Lee Child thinking?! They make amusing books though.

I have to get back to work. And I have to clean my room. It looks like the cyclone was in here too. Keep in touch.

6 comments:

  1. Dolf Lundrum is (I'm guessing)around 6'4", has large fists, hair like sand and is broad as a barn door. I'm also guessing he has the same IQ as a barn door (he did play He-Man after all) and all the acting talent of a particularly boring barn door. A peroxide Kevin Sorbo? Nick Cage on steroids? Ooooh, I know. Arnold Schwarzeneggar (sic?). I can just imagine Reacher with an Austro-californian accent. Wow. It's electrifying.

    Don't diss Lee Child. He gets me throught my Mass Transfer classes. And my Chemical Reaction Engineering classes. And my Animal Biotechnology classes. He's my saviour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice
    am glad you are back
    who cares what mood you are in

    ReplyDelete
  3. m was supposed to read "me" i missed the "e"

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow are u overloaded or what!!!

    chk my blog and i bet u'll see green! waiting for hate mail from u very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its raining here too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww come on! Mortal Kombat is the most inane but inanely awesomest movie EVER!! ;)

    Besides, Bridgette Wilson (Sonya) is hot.

    ReplyDelete