Wednesday, July 27, 2005

nothing much

I'm bored. I have nothing to do. My mid terms are over and I feel very lethargic. I have been sleeping a lot. My exams were boring, for lack of a better word. The first one was ethics. ugh. I'm not going to rant about that subject again, don't worry. The paper was theory, as expected. Like, "What is the purpose of learning the thoeries of ethics for a business manager?". I wanted to write "The only reason I'm sitting for this particular paper with such a useless prof is because it is a required course", but instead I wrote some "acceptable" and hopefully grade-fetching crap. Ironic, that an ethics paper drives me to, uh, prevaricate. Anyway, thesaurus.com has 93 entries for "lie".

Moving away from ethics, my next paper was Project Management. More gas. He asked 2 questions about some cases we had done in class which were pretty straightforward but the other 3 questions were ugh! How would you answer "what are the roles and responsibilities of a project manager?" ? How would the answer be anything but hyperbole! Anyway, the midterm was followed by a "true or false" paper. And he gave us half an hour for that!! Impossible, that man is! But he's kinda nice too. In a very grandfatherly manner. One of the few non-stuck up, seemingly intelligent, soft spoken type. His classes are very sleep inducing but that's ok. Atleast he dosen't have his head stuck up his ass. More on that, some other time.

I have 6 classes and one test this weekend. I'm not too bothered about that. There are people who have 11 classes!!! My solution to feeling bad about a situation: find somebody who's in a worse situation and feel good about not being that person. Works all the time for me.

Nothing else. Had a bad sandwich and good coffee at Coffee Day. Have no classes tomorrow. It rained here today, though apparently not as much as it did in Mumbai. Send some rain south, Aslan!

I have downloaded The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe! Tomorrow is going to be Narnia day! Go out and spread the word - Aslan and The High Kings and Queens from over the Sea will save the day. I liked the Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy stories better than the Eustace and the other girl stories. Back to the books. Bye.

5 comments:

  1. >How would you answer "what are the
    >roles and responsibilities of a
    >project manager?" ? How would the
    >answer be anything but hyperbole!

    Not really! You could give an exhaustive list of tasks, variables that need to be managed and controlled as well as methodologies where the responsibilities and roles would change.

    Project Management has its roots in military OR, there's a lot of really, really good stuff (qualitative and quantitative). One could write a book on PM responsbilities, devoid of hyperbole! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. great. now i know what all i have not been learning. i guess i shouldnt bitch so much, this course is only a few weeks old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You talk about finding people in worst situations than yourselves and feeling good. Seemingly a really nice option but what about those people who are in the worse off situations? Any suggestions for those poor souls? (One who happens to be me also...with 11 classes during the weekend :-( )

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get narnia? send link...me too preferred peter and gang
    hey theres a bookstore in ann arbor called Dawn Treader...nice na..fell in love with it the minute i saw it..nice place actually

    ReplyDelete
  5. @vish - i got narnia from greylib.align.ru

    ReplyDelete