Monday, July 18, 2005

The Trials of Meera

I sat in Coffee Day today for an hour. The couch was free, so I sat inside and not outside as I generally do. They had done something to the place, it wasn't as teeming with flies as it was the last time I went there. So I had a great sofa, a sort of clean place, nobody I knew and a good book. Then they played Aqua's Barbie Girl. Why is it that everytime everything seems great, something always crops up to spoil it all?? How can you read about Poirot's perfectly curled moustache when this thing is shrieking about picking her up and undressing her everywhere!!If it is not Aqua, it is remixed Spice Girls. Remixed! I have no words. No words at all.

I got over it. I ordered a coffee and started reading. 50 pages into the book and two coffees later, two guys came and sat down. I did not understand a word they said, but the sight that assaulted my eyes! Let's call them A and B.

A sat directly opposite me and was like a very brown version of Fido Dido but without the charm or "cute"ness. He was wearing those specially faded, gray jeans. They were faded in thick horizontal, stripes across his thighs, starting immediately under his you-know-where. So basically, he had one patch of dark gray, a long patch of dark gray-light gray stripes and another long stretch of dark gray, strategically torn at both his knees and cut off just above his shoes. And tight. To complete the sartorial mess, he topped it off with a mustard coloured, full-sleeved shirt, about 3 sizes too big for him. And bottomed it off with white sneakers. Bright white.

B was of a totally different category. While A obviously thought he was "cool", B thought he had "style". Another eyesore. White, shiny shirt with three quarter sleeves!! I have never seen a guy wear three quarter sleeves before. Wow. I don't ever want to see that again. And brown trousers. Again the shiney sort. Greasy hair, with about three fourth of it falling over his forehead. What a sight! This one wore polished, black shoes. With green socks. What a beauty. I love it when things like this happen to me out of the blue. Totally makes my day.

By the way, A had striped his hair too. Blonde. And nobody was there to share it with me.

6 comments:

  1. Made me chuckle, then cackle, then guffaw, and finally left me grinning.

    I could SO picture this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men of the subcontinent? Kur, you couldn't sound more like a coconut even if you tried.

    Meer, I could swear I saw the same people here, wearing the same clothes. Oh, and a guy was sitting next to our table in Wang's kitchen in one-size-too-small-boxers. Legs spread wide apart. With "Jockey" printed on the sides. Or something. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for the millionth time, where are my Lord of the Rings books? A girl could get hoarse, asking about the same things again and again and again.

    And again.

    And again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, to each his own! Whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy, ya' know.

    I guess everybody dresses weird according to somebody else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha....I am sure this will make u go to CCD more often...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @metlin - as long as they entertain me, i'm happy.

    @alka - i spend way too much time there anyway.

    ReplyDelete