Monday, July 11, 2005

...

i couldn't think of a title and hence the ellipses.

i have class tomorrow at 9 am. which is not a very nice thing to have, generally. not as bad as having a lobotomy or a session with the shrink at 9 and definitely not as bad as having a class at 7, which some people do. hehe. i feel better already. instead of saying "i have class at 9", i can say "i don't have class at 7". but there are some people who have class only at 11. that's just mean. and wasteful. early to rise and all that.

i have nothing to write about. i could write about my mosquito bites, but i have already done that; or about how i was wearing a torn salwar today without knowing about it till half the day was over, but that's nothing new in my world; or about how i had an identical, but untorn salwar that i changed into, that i did not know about, but who cares; or about how i did not understand anything the product management prof said in the last 15 minutes of the class, coz i was not really listening, but that's not breaking news material either; i could write about all the replies i did not get to my 3 mails to a group, but i have really stopped caring; nothing to write about.

for someone who had nothing to write about, i seem to have written a lot.

i am becoming more antisocial than usual. there is social, there is normal, there is anti-social and then there is me. i think i am going to create a new category under my present category and occupy that slot. i can think of nothing better to do with my spare time than read "Anne of Avonlea". it begins quite nicely. but i haven't gone past the first 10 pages. i got distracted and started reading "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea". the professor character is lot like the professor in Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World". which was an awesome book. Micheal Chrichton is a miserable loser and copycat. jules verne, arthur conan doyle and issac asimov are my next list of authors to re-read.

i went to coffee day today. at 6pm. it was awful. it was as if two battling factions of flies had had a final showdown there. remember the end of the battle/war scene in those epic movies? where there are dead bodies all over and not a living soul to be seen? it was like that, but with flies. ugh.
i'm not going back there until i can get that image out of my mind.

i cleaned my room today. by cleaned, i mean put my books away, put most of my clothes away and swept 10 days worth of dust and other assorted stuff out of my room. i also sort of cleaned over and around my computer. man, what a mess. i shook my keyboard and stuff fell out of it in buckets. i'll save you a description of what constituted "stuff" for a day when i am feeling particularly mean.

i want to start using capitals when i post. i am satisfied with all other aspects of grammar, vocabulary, punctuation and lack of "cute" and "popular" abbreviations but i still have to master the art of using capitals when i type.

soon, i promise.

whatelse? i don't want to stop writing. it feels nice to write. type. whatever. reminds me of something vish said. about how it feels very unromantic to say typed. very true. feels bland. colourless and bleaghhh.

have you heard bon jovi's "thank you for loving me"? it is the worst love song ever. almost as bad as the stalker anthem, "i'll be right there waiting for you" or jessica simpson's version of "take my breath away". i am listening to it right now. it is playing on Launchcast's Adult Alternative channel. they seriously need to re-classify that song.

ok, nirvana's lithium now. what a weird song. I’m so happy ’cause today/I’ve found my friends ...They’re in my head,I’m so ugly/ but that’s okay, ’cause so are you ...We’ve broken our mirrors..........blah blah........I like it - I’m not gonna crack/I miss you - I’m not gonna crack/I love you - I’m not gonna crack/I killed you - I’m not gonna crack....

what was he thinking?

i have heard of people having imaginary friends. how does that work? i have never had an imaginary friend. i have imagined myself in worlds that don't exist out of books when i was 13 or 14, but that was beacuse i was bored and could not sleep and thought of how it would be if i was a horse wrangler in rohan and there was a passage from middle earth to narnia and i went to narnia on my favorite horse and met edmund and peter and susan and lucy and susan didn't like me initially because i called her a wuss. and things like that. aslan said i could come back to narnia whenever i wanted, until i grew up. i wish.

add c.s.lewis to my to re-read list. eoin colfer has come out with a couple of non-artemis fowl books. i want to read those too. my list is ever-growing. the wish is there but where from do i get these books?

867 words. 869.

6 comments:

  1. so typical of u to write something like this. and i had nothing better to do than to read it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a crush on Luthien. Yes, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had a crush on someone in a story within a story? or after simarillion?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silmarillion - but I'd read Tolkien when I was between 6th and 7th (including Silmarillion), so you could say that I was a little immature back then. I remember being feeling extremely sad for Beren and her at the end, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not finish Simarillion. But I loved the song in The Fellowship. Faramir was my fav. And I wanted to live like Tom Bombadil.

    ReplyDelete