Friday, March 16, 2007

Keith - I googled my full name and to my horror, this damn thing was on the first page! Last link, but still, Holy crap, Batman! So I went through a bunch of my old posts and deleted my name. That's why your RSS thingy is throwing up my old posts. Also, you are not helping. You wrote my name! In caps! So.. Yeah, about the poop, sorry about that. Can't help it. It comes naturally to me.

Ugadi on Monday. That is the Telugu New Year, for those of you who don't know. Seriously, we are a weird people. Each state has a different new year? Or is this confined to the south?

We were supposed to have Tuesday off and Monday working, so most of the people here took Monday also off - 4 day weekend! Much fun. Airports cried. Then earlier this week, the HR boss man here sent a mail.

Just this morning, the Government of AP has changed their holiday from the 20th of March (Tuesday) to the 19th of March (Monday) based on what they have heard from the experts on this.

Who are these experts? I think these new years are based on the lunar calendar. Does that mean that the moon speeded up a little? Or did they do their math wrong?
The Soph is coming for the weekend.
Did I tell you that I have a temporary roommate? A friend of D's is staying till she finds a place. She has really long hair. And she lisps, which I found funny earlier. Now, I don't notice it anymore.
I went to a restaurant I had not been to before, a couple of days ago. D's treat. I don't remember why. Anyway, it was fashioned after the first train that ran in India (and Asia, I think) between Bombay and Thane. Food was good; a bit bland, but still good. They had this really weird thing though. They played this recorded "train arriving at platform 1" sort of thing over and over again. It arrives, it departs, it arrives again and departs again and keeps arriving and departing. Horrible.
Happy Ugadi.

2 comments:

  1. oh come now, first names don't count. But I suppose since I shouted it in caps google might've heard it more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah ok. first names don't count. i googled all of my name, first and last, and this blog was second to last on the first page google gave!!

    word: ppwobp

    ReplyDelete