Sunday, January 08, 2006

I went out for dinner today, to a south indian restaurant. Why, I don't know. I am going to be in Chennai the day after tomorrow after all. But anyway... I had coconut rice. I had other stuff too, but it is the coconut rice that has stuck in my mind. And my mouth. And my nose. No, not literally. Does coconut rice have to be cooked in coconut oil with such an over-powering smell of coconuts? Oh god, the smell! I can't still feel the smell. It is almost a solid presence in the room with me now almost an hour after I have had it. And had coffee and sonf and gargled and stuff. You can imagine how strong it must have been when I was actually having it. The funny thing is, I was the only one who felt it was too much. Is it possible that some people have better olfactory senses than others? Is my nose compensating for my short sightedness or something? Anyway, it tasted good, in spite of everything else.

It would be nice if they made coconut rice less coconutty.

P.s. For the past few days, I have noticed that mosquitoes flying in front of my comp seem to get stuck to it. Pulled toward the screen and stuck. Backwards. Their wings are stuck on the screen and their legs in the air. I have to pull them off, or they stay stuck. Static? Why haven't I noticed this before? But the really weird thing is that I leave my comp on when I leave the room and I have not seen any mosquitoes stuck on the screen when I come back. Does it happen only when I am in the room or do they get released when the monitor shuts off on power save or do they mosquitoes wiggle and release themselves after a while of being stuck?

5 comments:

  1. do you think its like ring 2? where she gets sucked into the screen, y'know...
    maybe it is meera, watch out..its probably not powerful enough right now, but when it is, they might just find you and your back stuck to the screen, your arms and legs flailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and before someone finds you, you might just get sucked in.
    maybe you will get sucked in, and come out only after you are supposed to be back from chennai...so you wont get to go home. ha!!

    im a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's because of the static. If you have some sort of anti-static stuff, like Bounce, you can just wipe your screen with that and they ought to go away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're a regular little know-it-all, eh, met?

    ReplyDelete