Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I have been very busy doing nothing. It is soo tiring. I am so busy that right now, I am sitting in front of the computer, drinking iced tea and wondering what to write. Phew!

I have, in the past week, bought clothes, discarded clothes, watched TV, fought with the mother, seen The Goal (so-so) with a 12 yr old cousin (who said every goal in the movie was "Fake!"), played with my 3 yr old neice, watched 2 episodes of American Idol with a friend who lives up stairs (Ace is horrible), seen Scooby Doo - The Movie (yuck) and done many many more things, most of which are similar to what I have already said.

Last night, I went to pick up a cousin and her daughter at the Kamaraj International Airport. I was resigned to delays, to waiting till 2 am, to trying to keep my aunt from falling asleep on her feet and to drinking bad vending machine coffee. But, surprise of surprises! The plane that was supposed to come at 11.20 came at 11.15, they promptly got off the plane by 11.40 and were through customs by MIdnight. They had their luggage and were out of the airport by 12.20am!!! This has never happened before! We had left from home at 12, and had just got to the airport and in less than 10 mins, my cousin and her daughter were out. Miracles do happen.

Bye. I'll be back later with more miracles and other stories.

11 comments:

  1. Sigh! I wish I were busy doing nothing, atleast then I would be doing something.

    I always like to watch the initial episodes of American Idol, they are the best ones. Scooby Doo did suck, but atleast they made Scrappy the villain (I assume you watched the first Scooby Doo), I hate Scrappy, stupid, little, no good, irritating, pathetic excuse of a puppy.


    -Random

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm 'random' i thought you liked ALL dogs without exception. i wish youd talk to me as often as you read my friends blog.

    anyway....meera, i demand pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. meera thanx for writing........forogot to take ur number......mine is 9840904367

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hate Rowan Atkinson. He and Jim Carrey have the same nausea-inducing effect on me. THAT spoilt Scooby Doo for me - not the non-acting of Freddie, Buffy and gang or the animated dogs and various monsters.

    vish - soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I used to think there was something wrong with me for not liking Rowan Atkinson. Good to know I'm not alone. Yes, Jim Carrey too.
    I've watched a whole bunch of movies in the last few weeks too meera- and guess what, am going to watch Hard Day's Night today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What!! Rowan Atkinson was the saving grace. I would suggest that you guys watch Black Adder ; you wouldn't find another character who is so morally bankrupt, sadistic, sarcastic, yet funny; played extremely well by Mr. Atkinson.

    And what did Jim Carrey ever do, don't tell me you guys didn't like the Ace Ventura series.

    If anyone said anything about Ben Stiller, that's where I shall draw the line....uhh....because that's all I can do, draw lines (they aren't that straight either).

    - Random

    ReplyDelete
  7. black adder - bleagh
    the only brit comedies that i have seen and enjoyed were mind your language and yes minister & prime minister. then again, maybe i havent seen many.
    there were some saving moments in ace ventura, but then think dumb and dumber.. especially that pissing scene.. no comments. i laughed a lot though.
    ben stiller should be shot - especially post meet the fockers. the movie was embarrassing (sp?) and have you seen dodgeball? go ahead, draw your squiggley lines.
    while i hate all of them, i do find some things to laugh at in some of their movies. a few.

    vish - would this be the 3 millionth time?

    word : syukzrut - my life in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! all british comedies don't suck! point in fact- coupling.

    saving points? ace ventura?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coupling, heard good things about it.

    I see people aren't Ace Ventura fans, looks like I will have to leave Jim Carrey to defend himself.

    Ben Stiller is GOD. Granted he had a few sucky movies like Rent, Duplex, Meet the Fockers, Starsky and Hutch, ... (what am I doing here!!). Anyway, his amazing work in YES Dodgeball and Zoolander more than make up for it.

    Anyway, too lazy to draw any squiggly lines, next time maybe.

    - Random

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree with tara...what with one thing and another, both one thing and another being the same fact, i.e. no tv, i havent watched much of it, but the few episodes of coupling i did watch were hilarious.
    oh yeah yes minister and mind your language (sigh)
    ben stiller is awesome- you purse your lips at dodgeball!?! sheesh, we will rock you, only with a hiss! and zoolander! heh!
    yeah, hard days night AGAIN...WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AND RANDOM: right now, i think the only lines you can draw OR walk along are squiggly ones.

    ReplyDelete