Monday, December 25, 2006

In Chennai. The weather is surprisingly pleasant.

I was at a punyajanam today. My thus far anonymous niece finally got named - Shriya. A 10 day old baby is tiny, wrinkly and like a little monkey. I'm sure she'll grow up to just as pretty as her mom, if she takes after her, or as pretty as her dad's sister, who, while being very pretty, is a wee bit annoying. Don't ask me why; these reactions of mine don't always have reasons.

The day after I came to Chennai, I went to see my other cousin who recently had a baby boy. Her sisters in law were there and when I was introduced to them, one of them commented that she had met me just last week. Nope, not me. 'Twas my sister. Apparently we look identical. She kept insisting that I was not me and I kept insisting that I was, in fact, me. The conversation was hilarious. And then went I went out for lunch with a couple of friends, one of them commented that I look a lot like my sister. Yeah, I get that a lot these days.

I'm going to Ranipet tomorrow to meet patti. I'm back in a day. Not much to do in Ranipet. I'm quite sure I'll stay at home all day. And I'm equally sure that patti will grumble that her grandchildren hardly ever talk to her anymore and that she never knows what we are up to. How much do you talk to your grandparents? How much do you tell them? Every time she says something to the effect of "I never know what you are up to", I feel like I'm living a wild and reckless life in the wild city of Hyd. I wish.

For this New Year, I want to lose weight, travel some and figure out what I want to do. This keyboard needs to be cleaned. It is disgustingly dirty.

What plans for the New Year? What resolutions? What wishes?

My commas are all mixed up.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely no resolutions, I find I don't need much improvement (others think I do, what do they know).

    Absolutely no wishes, because whenever I wish for something the wish goes through a lot of pain to make sure it does not get true.

    Absolutely no plans for New Years except sitting in front of the TV, watching football and wishing (without actually wishing, because of the whole screwed up wishing deal) that Michigan wins.

    P.S. Nice name - Shriya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah.

    Hoping to get around to starting my PhD work this year, that's the only wish/resolution that I have.

    Let's see if I find the time.

    And oh, climb more.

    ReplyDelete