Thursday, December 28, 2006

So many babies!

Another cousin of mine had a baby on Tuesday. And I was there when she had the baby. I promised her I wouldn't write about the process, so I won't. If only I could write about it...

It was a 'normal' delivery. Only, there was nothing normal about it. I was actually in the labour room with her and trust me, 'labour' is a good word for what she went through. A better word would be 'absolute horror'. Ok, 2 words.

Anyway, the baby, once it was finally out, was absolutely beautiful. Her body was all wrinkly but her face was very clear. And pink. And man, what a pair of lungs this one has. I was 'burping' her and she was constantly bawling her head off. My ears are still ringing.

This keyboard is really very dirty.

I have been spending the better part of the past 2 days in the hospital with the cuz and the baby, alternately burping her and cleaning her butt. The baby's, not the cousin's. They are coming bck home today and the cousin's first kid is up in arms already. Constant shrieks of 'This is MINE' and 'I want this' and 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'. God help us. The next couple of days are going to be fun. Baby screaming for milk, kid screaming for attention, mother screaming for sleep, aunt screaming for help, me screaming for silence. Much fun.

Last night, we had dinner at an aunt's place. There were about 9 full sized people amd 2 kids.

Going to pick up a cousin at the airport. More later.

2 comments:

  1. "...screaming for silence...."..Ha...wait a sec??!!

    I shopped for three hours with my one year old nephew....I am dead tired, while the little leech (thats my pet name for him) still has bucketloads of energy left......sigh...kill me now

    ReplyDelete
  2. convey my congratulations to your cousin! .. i'll c her soon :)

    how long in chn?

    ReplyDelete