Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lots of work done today; I have mostly been listening to people talk. Damn tiring. Now I want to finish some stuff before I go home, so I am making a guy stay back. He's not very happy.

I generally don't gossip. And people don't gossip with me. I don't know why. There is always, always a gap of a few days between when everybody know Something and when I get to know It. Sometimes that pisses me off. Mostly, I don't care. Here's what I don't get. When I was in Engineering college, I never told anybody that I don't gossip. But nobody ever told me stuff. Inevitably, someone would take pity on me and let me know what the rest of the world was talking about. In Bhub, I made the terrible mistake of telling someone to stop bitching about someone else. I never heard anything after that. I have the same problem now, at work.

I am also, apparently, a little difficult to get to know. And people think I am either a snob or a jerk or stuck up or arrogant when they first meet me. Some people. I have heard this first hand from a few. You know who you are. And then when (if) they actually get to know me, they treat me like a damn push over. Hmph.

I have also been told that I am scary. I get it. I am very yeti-like but I'm mostly harmless (like the Earth). I'm also rude and opinionated. Sucks to be me.

Then there are those who tell me that I'm sweet. Huh?

Hey internet, I started out writing someting totally different, about work and people who talk in languages I can't understand when I'm right in front of them and about people who smile too much. I got side tracked.

I hate people who look like the Joker all the time. Too much cheer. Stop smiling. It hurts to have a conversation with them. I don't want to stereotype, but there are 3 short women I know who smile a lot. By a lot, I mean all the time. And while talking. It seems rude not to smile back but try talking to them! My face hurts. It feels pulled and stretched unnaturally. I have a frown on my face the rest of the day, to compensate for all the freaky smiling. I hate being polite. Too much work.

3 comments:

  1. Don't smile when you talk to those smiley people.You are self proclaimed rude person. So a little more rudeness won't hurt as much as it hurts feeling your face pulled. What say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. who's making u smile.. ? cudnt help noticing the description.. if u know wat i mean .. cant help laughing either.. call sometime

    ReplyDelete
  3. "too many happy faces, i wonder what that means" said someone i know. she was right then, :(
    life is really hard yet you dont know why all these people keep smiling all the time, i feel it too

    ReplyDelete