Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I crib a lot about the place I work in and the people I work with but it has to be said - in some cases, these people are horribly efficient. Case in point, Visas. I had to file my visa application today and when I came in to work today, I had nothing, just my passport. By noon, I had filled out the forms, taken copies, got addresses, got everything checked, got invite letters, printed out salary slips and bank statements and got them verified, stuck my photos on a bunch of stuff, stapled it all together, removed the staples, stapled them in bunches, put them in a folder, clipped a few more photos in the folder, just in case, stuck my passport in the folder and handed it over to the visa guy on the ground floor who gave me another form to sign and then, Done!
No, wait. I am the horribly efficient one here!
Anyway, visa application - done.

8 comments:

  1. when in copenhagen you should have sidarth take you to the red-light district behind the station.

    My boss in sweden told me to go there because, well, it's a red-light district, and he's a cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to interpret from that comment. Is it
    a) Sid goes to red-light districts
    b) cool guys go to red-light districts
    c) Meera should go to a red-light district
    d) Keith is the sort of guy who goes to red-light districts
    e) Keith's boss in Sweden goes to the red-light district
    f) Bosses in Sweden go to the red-light district
    g) Sidarth TAKES someone somewhere, actually like leads the way and gets the directions and things

    Man, I did a through g. I think g is the least easy to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually the only definite thing which we can conclude from it is there is a station and a red light district behind it in something referred to as Copenhagen. Rest would be the over wrought imagination of a compulsive neurotic :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vish - Ha! someone called you a complusive neurotic!

    anon - is there any other kind?

    Keith - yes, I will. Purely for the tourist experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. any other kind as in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh clever clever anonymous.
    out of a through g, none of them is actually true.

    Which was the point of that comment.

    Except I can't really vouch for e and f.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @vish: Well ofcourse establishing 'f' implies 'e' is self evident. So you really have to "vouch" only for 'f'.

    "clever" and "g"? mmm...now where have we heard that before?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never, I'd say.

    At least I never have. Ask Meera. I bet she hasn't either.

    So there.

    ReplyDelete