Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm here. It is cold.

Happy birthday to me. 24 is bloody old.

I had a very uncomfortable flight from Bombay to Frankfurt. There was a guy sitting next to who was fast asleep even before the plane took off and his head was on my shoulder pretty much all the time. I tried shrugging him off, I woke him and told him to lean away and elbowed him half a dozen times. Nothing worked. I think I slept for about an hour.

I'm bored. It is cold and I'll probably eat alone tonight. Because the guy I have come here with bought a loaf of bread and a bunch of spreads and wants to have that for dinner. No way. I'll take my new P.G.W and go eat at the restaurant here. When he bought bread and cheese and shrimp salad and stuff like that, I bought a six pack of beer, chips and some wafers. Go me.

We were walking on the road that runs along the sea here and the wind was biting cold. It is going to take a couple of days to get used to this weather. But it is beautiful here.

On the way from the station to the hotel, we met a Iranian woman who showed us the way. She was damn cute. All praises for Denmark and Hindi movies. She said she could understand the movies even though there were no subtitles and she didn't know the language.

I saw Lage Raho Muna Bhai on the plane. I was listening to some german music and reading the subtitles. It was hilarious. Almost as funny as Jurassic Park in tamil. And speaking of JP, I saw JP 3 for the first time last week. What an unbelievably terrible movie! It was horrendous. And the main dinosaur looked like a clay model. What the hell were they thinking? I wanted Tea Leoni's character to be ripped to bits. I was very sad that she survived. Hellfire and damnation!

I met a Swiss woman at the Mumbai airport. She said that she was standing in a queue at the Goa airport when a couple of Europeans cut the queue and went ahead of her. A guy standing behind her said that they were probably Germans, because Germans can't queue. She was a little put off by the stereotype and a little amused that such a stereotype even existed. Those guys were sitting next to her on the plane and what do you know? (is this to be follwoed by a ? or a !) They were German! Anyway, she had seen more of India than I had. It was a little sad. The only places she hadn't been to was the North-East and J&K. I was very J.

What plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. so u celebrated ur budday en-route!!!
    btw...'Main Dinosaur"!!! err...ummm...ahem :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEERA
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    FORGIVE ME for I am an ass for forgeting it !!!!!!!!!!!
    And I was chatting with u for half hr before i realised that yest was ur bday

    Neways gals wishing u an awesome yr ahead and beat tht i even put a reminder abt ur bday and still forgot.

    Hope u have a ball in denmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. six pack beer???
    Belated B'day wishes...(btw, I wished you on Orkut)

    ReplyDelete