Tuesday, February 06, 2007

There was a competition a while ago on SmithMag.com - submit a six word memoir and some telecom company (I think AT&T) users could win a bunch of stuff. So I wrote a few six word things (in spite of not having anything to do with said telecom people) and forgot all about it.

3 days ago, I received an email from them saying "We got a book deal! And you know what, so did you! In 2008, HarperCollins will publish NOT QUITE WHAT I WAS PLANNING: And Other Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. I'm writing to about 400 memoirists out of over 5,000 who submitted in hopes of including you guys in our book."

Heh. And I don't even remember what I wrote. They covered that: " If you don't remember what you submitted, that's fine too. Just ask and I'll remind you." How nice of them. I have sent them a mail; I'm really curious. "If you're getting this email, it means that your six-word memoir was hand-selected by the editors of SMITH Magazine as one of our very favorites."

Like my cousin said, I'm going to be published! Nice.

Among other things, I might be going to Copenhagen in 2 weeks. On work. Oh, I feel so important. I am going only because the guy who was supposed to go doesn't want to go or is not able to go or something like that, but still... So Sid? I'll be there for 4 or 5 days.

What do you do when people piss you off but you can't tell them off? Do you have a frustration-relieving techniques? I think bad thoughts about them; mostly involving fire or bullets or high buildings or knives. What can I say? My levels of frustration go high very easily. Sometimes they get mauled by werewolves.

4 comments:

  1. I climb. Gets the frustration out and my climbing skills just improve.

    Sadly, if it's winter with -18 c which is what it is now), you really can't get out. :(

    In which case, I go looking for big, scary Russians for hire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this seems to me like the poetry scam..remember the one where you submit a poetry and viola! they will "publish" it...and ask you to pay 100 dollars odd for a "hard bound" copy...yada yada...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Mail me the details of your trip.

    Make sure you prepare yourself for some weird weather. It rains, snows, hails and then clears up all within half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nice...njoi ur trip :-)
    ppl who put u off...hmmm I try n revert back wih a big smile n wait for a chance to get back(dat doesn't make me vindictive okay! :D )

    ReplyDelete