Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I like phdcomics.com. And Doonesbury.

I read somewhere that people who read a lot of fiction tend to lie more, and more convincingly. Soph also told me that when she was here. Apparently she lies really well. Maybe she does. Maybe it is because she reads a lot of fiction. But I can't lie worth a damn. I read a lot too. I really, really suck at lying. (Also, Lie=Lying. Why?) I, a)don't like to lie, b) am not very convincing when I lie. Am I not convincing because I don't like to lie? And why do I not like to lie? It is not a "it is wrong to lie, and thus I won't lie" feeling. It is more of a why bother? and who gives a shit? feeling.

My point is this - I am worried. If I am in a situation where I absolutely HAVE to lie to, I don't know, save my life or something, what if I totally blow it? What if I suck so much that the villains just laugh and shoot in me in the head, all in the same breath? This could be a huge personality flaw. Also, is my unimpressive lie-ability because I am *gasp* unimaginative? Seriously, folks, I could be in deep shit and unable to dig my way out because I blushed or stammered or looked at my feet or up or stared too much at the other guy or said a load of crap.
 
I need help. 

5 comments:

  1. was the entire post one big lie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of fiction...and I lie really well...
    am sure the "North-East trip" gang would vouch for that....watsay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm...u n unimaginative!!! okay dats hilarious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. just tell the truth, but laugh use a sarcastic but friendly tone, and people will think you are joking. i suck at lying too.

    ReplyDelete