Tuesday, August 16, 2005

books

I'm reading The Firm again... I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it. I thought I had grown out of Grisham; apparently not. I have just grown out of bad Grisham novels like The Brethren and others of that ilk.

I met a guy today, for whom we are doing a demand estimation (for his hotel, not for him). He was the most wooden faced guy I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. He didn't smile, frown, nothing. He didn't even crack a smile after we left (I did look back). Weird. When someone had told me earlier that "We can't ever tell what he's thinking.", I thought he was one of those guys who smile even when they are angry. But no; this is anyday more annoying.

I have a meeting in a few minutes and then somebody's birthday is going to be "celebrated" - cakes, kicks and general humiliation. Good fun to be had for all. And then another meeting. Yippee. Then I can sleep till 2 pm tomorrow.

Bye bye.

2 comments:

  1. He was probably thinking, "Why do I waste my time with these people. I can do what they haven't done in a quarter of the time. These stupid B schools, and their ridiculously elevated sense of imortance. BLEAH!"

    Or maybe not. Maybe he was like Pinocchio- he wants to be a real man! And like Clint Eastood, real men don't have feelings.

    And maybe, like Clint, there was a twitching of the muscles in the general vicinity of his mouth after you guys left. That's his smile, GODDAMMIT! Leave the poor guy alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sophist - HE OFFERED US THIS PROJECT!!! not that we wouldn't have begged for it, if he hadn't ; grades and all that...

    ala - what does alamandrax mean? u probly get that a lot. next up, tom clancy's the bear and the dragon. i'm sure i'm going to regret that. but what the hell, it's not like i have anything better to do anyway. other than 8 projects and some presentations ofcourse. rereading this should be fun.

    ReplyDelete