Wednesday, August 17, 2005

now I lay me down to sleep..

I have to finish The Firm and then I'm going to start on The Bear and the dragon. I saw a guy reading Of Human Bondage in class today. I read a long time ago but I don't remember anything. sob sob. I couldn't show off my superior knowledge to him beyond 'hey, great book, give it to me after you are done with it'. Or something.

I had puliyodarai today, rice from the mess and pulikachal mix out of a plastic bottle somebody had brought from chennai, along with uncle chips, aloo and Omfed Plain Dahi. Yummy. They were also making jalebi tonight, but it was too hot and too sweet so I retreated after a bite, though it was quite good.

Bed calls. I have class at 2 pm tomorrow but I'l probably bunk that and read for a test that I have in the class after that. I should probably study now or in the morning but I don't think I'll get up before 11 and I have to read 4 chapters. Why am I trying to justify bunking? I don't have to give you excuses.

I got the least mark in a part of a project report in my class and my group had spent the most time on it. Life sucks. Moral of the story: hard work doesn't pay, smart work pays. So I'll have to figure out how to do better in the next submission. I am so sick of projects and submissions and presentations. Sometimes I feel like I'm only biding my time before the next prof gives me a load of work to do. Why do they all wait till the end of the term?! Why can't I start work early? Why do I whine so much? Anybody who gives me an interesting or amusing or innovative or all of the above answer to those three questions will get a coffee bite the next time I meet them. Or you can go and buy a coffee bite for yourself from me. Don't under estimate the power of a coffee bite. It not really coffee and it dosen't really bite but it's yummy and that's all that counts and I need to go sleep now.

Sleepy. Gnite.

3 comments:

  1. but coffe bite is not coffee.

    i think profs all over the world are probly the same - annoying and confusing.
    and no, whining dosen't count, tho it is noce to know that i'm not the only one in deep shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think that's shitty. Our mother, in her inimitably prosy (and slightly pompous, but you didn't hear me say that) style, wrote me a letter about my daily habits. I'm going to forward it to you, and then you can feel all better about your life and your professors and your crappy Tom Clancy (which, by the way, is the worst book he's written on his own, without collaborating with anyone else. Which is saying a lot, because I have read both Rainbow Six and that weird book he wrote in the middle with a lot of Russians in it. I know, very descriptive).

    ReplyDelete
  3. and we all agree that life sucks.

    ReplyDelete