Wednesday, August 24, 2005

took an axe to my head...

...and axe oil burns. A friend told me of a time when she got axe oil in her eye by mistake!! I can't imagine the pain. It's almost 5pm and the weather is great, all of a sudden. The sun is completely covered by grey clouds and the wind's awesome.

There has been a spate of power cuts recently. Upto 4 or 5 times a day, but not more than 5 to 10 mins at a time. It's not so bad, except for the high pitched shrieks of the UPS.

Today, in Advertising Management class, the prof asked us which company was the leader in India for Industrial Advertising. It turned out to be the one my grandfather had started.. Imagine my embarrassment when the others figured out that R.K.Swamy was my grandfather! The kindly old prof asked me if he was my real grandfather; no, I just borrowed him when the others weren't available. I didn't say that; I nodded and said "my mother's father" to which he said "Nana?"; I guess. Thankfully, he stopped there.

I got a letter from amma today... a real letter, I thought. Snail mail!!! My father sent me one on Lufthansa stationary last year. Anyway, it wasn't a letter, it was a photocopy of an article in the paper about her. She looks too young to be 50.

According to Tom Clancy, the chinese Politburo is a bunch of randy, stupid old men, who can't see beyond their own ego and order executions, wars and nuclear ballistic missile launches at a whim. And America is all knowing, Russia is a cuddly bear, and they both drink lots of vodka together. It was an entertaining book, never the less.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! That just made my day. It's great knowing that our grandfather was just as great elsewhere as he was with us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exactly did they figure out he was your grandfather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh.. i had told somebody and that somebody was in that class... and i sorta burst out when he said "R.K.Swamy/BBDO" with a "oye, my thatha"... does this happen to others too>?

    ReplyDelete