Thursday, February 23, 2006

I hate Cafe Mocha.

I laughed so much today.

About 30 of us were sitting in Coffee Day in a circle. We were telling embarrassing stories about other people and it was fun. Then I ordered a Cafe Mocha. NJ started it. He said, "Why don't you have a Cafe Mocha?". And the others picked it up. Everybody started asking why I didn't have Cafe mocha. What can you say when whatever you say to it, somebody asks you why you don't have Cafe Mocha. The conversation went like this:

Me:(To the barista) One Cafe Mocha, please.
NJ: Meera, Why don't you have a Cafe Mocha?
Me: I am having a Cafe Mocha.
NJ: But why don't you have a Cafe Mocha?
Me: Ugh. Stop it. It's annoying.
S picks it up next.
S: Meera! Have a Cafe Mocha.
Me: Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. You know that this makes no sense at all right.
X: But Meera, you should have a Cafe MOCHA!
Me: Enough! Somebody is going to die if you don't stop now.
NJ by now had passed around a note written on a tissue - 'Ask Meera: Why don't you have a Cafe Mocha? Pass this around.'
And so they all asked me. Imagine 30 people asking you "Why don't you have a Cafe Mocha?"
And then they said it in unison. Damn. By now the baristas were also laughing. Everybody who came were told to ask me why I didn't have cafe mocha. I was red.
And KJ was video taping it. Not funny at all. Even though I was laughing too.

I hit NJ a lot after that. And I deputed MS to hit him some more. She did.

Now people are buzzing me on yahoo and gtalk asking me why I don't have have Cafe Mocha. And on Lan Messenger. Seriously people, get a life.

I can't believe I blogged about this.

4 comments:

  1. But seriously, Cafe Mocha is very nice. Why don't you have one, umm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you have a Cafe Mocha? :P ... so are you podcasting the video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Meera.. life is full of unwanted questions like "Why doesn't Meera have Cafe Mocha ? "

    ReplyDelete
  4. S : but really, why dont u have one ? hee haw :D

    ReplyDelete