Friday, February 17, 2006

Of bleagggghh.

I am itching all over.

Here's what happened. At 12AM today, I went to the front of the mess with a couple of others, one of whom told me tales of chocolate cakes and no dunkings so that I was well and truly fooled.

There were only about 6 - 8 people sitting on the stairs and they all said the Happy Birthdays. All was well. Then A got a bottle of Pepsi and poured it over me. IT WAS COLD!! Then N came with a plate of maida. It was the beginning of the end. The plate was emptied over me, with the flour getting EVERYWHERE. Then came the water and you could have made cake off me. With the formalities taken care of, they proceeded to demand entertainment! I stood firm. Na na na nana. I refused to sing, dance, spout nursery rhymes, imitate profs, and generally make a fool of myself. Very spoilt-sportish, but who cares. Then came the cake and I ate a slice and some ended up on my face. Childish people. But the worst was yet to come.

I went back to the hostel; groped around my room and located the soap, towel and clothes to change into. I went into the bathroom. I had to peel of my clothes - first the T-shirt and sweatpants. Then the unmentionables. Gross. There was this grainy, white paste on my clothes, with bits of brown (cake) - all over my T-shirt and under. How the hell did cake get in my bra? Ugh. And my hair! My poor poor hair! It has been subjected to the worst possible treatment today. I washed it first with shampoo to no avail. Then more shampoo. No help. In desparation, I tried soap and ended up getting my hair hopelessly tangled up. It's not even long! This only made the maida get firmly entrenched. More shampoo followed and in a stroke of brilliance, I tried conditioner and voila! It worked! This followed the scraping off of the rest of the crap from the body. You don't know gross until you have dug globs of maida out of your navel. You might cringe now, but I actually had to do it!

All whining aside, I was quite happy. M gave me a damn cool card, with Krishna pics on it on a panel. It was very classy. (Krishna is definitely my favorite God, as far as I can have favorites when I don't really care about the religion as a whole. He seems like a very brilliant chap. For example, he ate mud when he was a kid, as did I. He fought and tamed evil sea-serpent and killed asuras all by himself, which I have not done but always wanted to do. He also stopped and gave a several hundred pages long speech in verse in the middle on what was supposedly one of the fiercest battles of all time. That takes guts, don't you think.)

I have rambled off course. What I meant to say is that I was pleased as Punch* with the whole thing. And when they brought out the cake. Chocolate! Definitely a great time. Hope they enjoyed all the mess they made.

Happy Birthday to me.



This is me, after the "Workshop on making CD look like she was in a flour blizzard". That was the cake. That was the knife I would have fallen on if I had embarrased myself further by "performing". I need to wax my hands.

*Who the hell is Punch anyway? Is it a reference to the drink or Punch of the Punch and Judy Show or some person Punch who was pleased all the time?

P.s. God Bless Cinthol, L'oreal and Garnier for their brilliant soaps, shampoos and conditioners respectively. I never thought I would think Rs.62 for a 100 ml bottle of conditioner was 'worth it, but it was worth 10 times that. Bless you.

P.P.s Saw Syriana and Brokeback Mountain. Syriana was ok. Not great but Brokeback was painfully boring. Very disappointed. To make up for that disappointment, I'll watch Shrek 2 tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. will do that.

    i think "weird collgiate ritual" was deemed acceptable because of the collective stupidity of the masses due to bad food and too much/little sleep. could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Glad u had fun!!
    And yes Clovis Sangrail is really the devil you have to read Saki ,he's brilliant.U remember "Open Window" we had it in ICSE i remember... he writes such bitter sad cruel stuff My kind of author:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Demon!!!

    May the madness continue...and how can I forget, Happy '23' to you too :D

    From what I read, I guess you had fun :). I went home on my birthday, couldn't risk staying with my colleagues considering the treatment I gave them on their birthdays. Maybe that's cowardice, but I call it self-defense...happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish u many more happy returns of the day madame. Hope u had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MEERA
    happy birthday!! you are now officially ancient.
    i did NOT need to know that you need to wax your arms. thank you.
    also, am interested, how deep is your navel anyway? you actually dug globs of maida out of it? wow. impressive.
    sounds like you had fun. a real birthday. i wish mine were like that. it always ends up with me upsetting someone because i was not surprised that they were having a party. it seems more like routine than a reason to have fun.
    what else are you doing?
    i mailed you. hip hip hurray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and pleased as punch? from the puppet show (and the weekly- remember the Geogetter Heyers?). comes from his happiness over the fact that he always won.

    ReplyDelete