Saturday, February 25, 2006

Random

What do you do when you have nothing to do?

I have nothing to do. It's 41 degrees during the day. My skin burns when I am in the sunlight and my eyes feel like somebody is sitting inside and constantly scratching them. It hurts so bad. So, I am going to Chilika the day after tomorrow. We are leaving at 3 am! To escape the heat, I guess. I don't know what we'll see there. The birds have all gone away, to a cooler place. I wish I could just fly away.

I am sweating even now. It is so hot hot hot. Writing it three times makes no difference, I know, but it feels like I am stressing the word. Sort of like HOT! or hot or hot. Get it? Yeah, HOT.

The sun shines directly into my room in the morning. 7 am and it's like somebody turned on all the lights and the heat just shoves me out of bed. If my floor was a little cleaner and I was not bothered by little creepy crawlies and cobwebs, I'd sleep under my bed. And if I fit, of course.

I went to Coffee Day today, for the first time since the Incident. They asked me if I wanted a Cafe Mocha. Hmph. I'll never live it down. I have not had that much attention on me ever. It felt weird. Flattering, annoying and weird.

There is some kind of party in the hostel tonight. I am almost done with this place. I don't know how I feel. I think I'll miss a few people, the amazing access to movies and music, and all the free time I had. I don't know if I'll keep in touch with many people. Past experience suggests that I won't. I am in touch with around 10 people from my engineering days. And about 4 from school. It would be nice to keep in touch with more, let's see.

You know what's really sad? I don't know anybody in the batch after mine. Not one. I have exchanged random hellos and goodbyes but I have never really spoken to any of them. How pathetic is that? Not that I am ever very social but it's kinda sad that I spent almost a year in the company of 120 strangers and made no attempt to get to know even one. Let's not even talk about the people in the other courses. Basically, when I leave Bhubaneshwar on March 20th for good, I'll be leaving behind about 300 strangers, 110 aquaintances and 10 people I talk to occasionally. I deserve a medal. Yay me!

I learnt a card game called Big Fool yesterday; not very challenging, but fun. I was the Big Fool three times running so maybe I shouldn't call it "not very challenging", but whatever.

I am going to be in Hyderabad, atleast initially. I received a letter from WFII a week ago. So, Hyderabad and on May 3rd - My first foray into the working community. A cog in the wheel of a humungous machine. Should be amusing to see what happens.

Nothing else to write. I am going down to wait for the food to come. I have ordered Biriyani. Until I came here, I had had biriyani probably twice in my entire life. Now I have it atleast once a week. My stomach is calling out for food.

Buh bye.

4 comments:

  1. "What do you do when you have nothing to do?"

    Seems like I have been asking myself that question for years, somehow never got an answer. Right now, I am in the same situation that you are, except that its below 0 outside and I dont have any Biriyani on the way either. Hungry and bored ......

    U should consider yourself lucky, I am in touch with 2 people from my school days and 4 from my undergrad engineering days.....

    Nice post.

    -random

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey meera...so may 3rd huh!!!...u still have more than 2 months to freeeeeaaakkkk out...enjoy...
    after that i think you will start talking like this...

    naenu meera gaaru...infosissullu..work pannulu..jilabeee thinnulluu...tirupati ladduu thinnulu...hahahhhaaaaa...and ya i forgot...i hate cafe mochalulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. hyd it is! it gets very HOT or hott in summer there meera..

    I have one more exam to go before i get my degree... diploma rather. Even I am pretty much going thru similar feelings as u..
    its funny what a campus life can do to u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. anon - thanks

    kripa - shut up

    ravi - end of the beginning or beginning of the end?

    ReplyDelete