Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I have a very bad cold and my ears seem to be blocked. Sounds seem muffled and I keep asking people if I am too loud. I can't tell. I am so careful about not shouting that everything I say comes out in a whisper. There has to be an easier way to do this.
 
I read Eoin (Sp?) Colfer's "The Wish List" and Soph, I liked it. I didn't expect to. It is about a 15 year old girl, a slightly older guy and a dog who die during a robbery. The guy ends up in hell but the girl has equal amounts of good and bad so she is sent back to earth as a ghost to fulfill the wishes of the old man they were in the process of robbing when they died. Throw in a silly St. Peter, a Game Boy obsessed Satan, a freaked out Beezelbub, a snarky old man, a sarcastic hologram and a boy-dog morph thingy, and it is all quite entertaining. Silly, yes, but a half hour well spent.

9 comments:

  1. I am going to the public library now to pick that book up. If it isn't good, I shall blame you.

    Any other suggestions for funny, fantasy books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the girl died in the end, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving manticore's secret, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a good story...will try to grab it when i can
    u sick...get well soon girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you were just called 'girl'.

    Girl.

    Ha!

    I'm reading a book I got for a BIRTHDAY present (hint hint). I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. vish - oops. happy birthday and all that..

    sid - don't!! you will hate it.

    sophist - she dies in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too late, already issued it....

    Just finished a LeCarre book. That guy writes waaaaaay to slow. I read them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read 'The Wish List' liked it, got 'Artemis Fowl'. Let's see how that book turns out.

    ReplyDelete