Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thank You for Smoking was hilarious. Brilliant movie.
 
I saw bits of The Departed but the mom and uncle and various aunts objected to the language, so we turned it off and watched some Sarah Jessica Parker movie. I forgot the name. It was bland. Watchable.
 
Diwali was fun. I was in Ranipet after a long time. The dog looks the same. He hasn't changed a bit since he was 2 years old. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. Great food, great people, good movies, fire crackers, and a cute neice and a baby nephew. Good Diwali.
 
The dog freaked out at all the noise from the crackers, the neice freaked when the dog started barking, the baby started crying and we all paused, looked at each other and paused the DVD to attend to the kids. They were ok in a couple of minutes and we turned the TV back on. This happened both evenings.
 
We are a family of nerds. We (father, mother, uncle, 2 aunts, cousin, cousin's husband, grandmother, great aunt, sister and I) watched the National Spelling Bee on TV. For about 45 minutes. Until amma said it was time for lunch; then we dutifully turned the TV off and pigged out. I think we had sambar sadham, rasam sadam, veggies, parathas, banana chips, curd rice, pickles, thayir vadai and payasam for lunch that day. Yum. Have you had curd rice, mango pickle and banana chips? Mmm. I brought soan papdi back to hyd. The roomie brought Peda back from Mumbai. And the first season of 24. So I know what I'm going to be doing after work for the next couple of weeks.
 
I am so sleepy now. Have to go work. Have to.

3 comments:

  1. I loved 'Thank You for Smoking'. Almost convinced myself to start smoking.

    I desperately want to see Departed, going to be released here in two weeks or so.

    I love embarrassing myself when i try to spell whatever they are asked in the spelling bee. Don't think I got one right so far.

    Have you seen 24 before? If you haven't you will absolutely love it. I worship the hero in the show. And best of all every season is better than the last one, which is hard to believe if you see how good the first season is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24! that's the one with keifer sutherland, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely with you on Thank You for Smoking .. Before going to see Jason Reitman's damn fine film, I was certain that good political satire was a lost art, but thankfully he proved me wrong!

    ReplyDelete