Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fate hates me. And it is very difficult to convince somebody when their mind is made up. Especially when there are two of them. Not one person with two minds. Two people.

I went apartment hunting today. Saw 5. Hated one. The others were ok. I like the one with lots of shops around and a little away from the main road. The other two people liked the one in the middle of nowhere. And the one I dosen't even cost much more than the other. I'm fated to die a sad and lonely death. Or live far, far away from civilization. Don't know which is better. The really sad thing is that both of the are so nice. I can't even argue with them.

I need sleep. And I need figure a nice way to tell them that I really really don't like that other place. And that I really really like this place.

Help!

4 comments:

  1. 1) Tell them that people who live in the place where you like get free auditions at Indian Idol.

    2) Tell them that Emran Hashshshshshmi frequents the place you chose.

    Jokes apart, the time I've been in this sort of situation I take the appeal-to-the-rationalist approach. I tell the other people, in bullet points no less, about the "advantages" of living in the place I like. And I present them in a cool, MBAish, analytic style which puts them in a quandary. Because if they don't choose the place I like, then it shows them up as being people who don't think a lot and don't have a rational, analytic way of approaching things. Which is bad form for Engineers and MBAs alike. And you would also have indirectly put across your thoughts about the place they like.

    But yes, I've never tried it with women. So usual standard deviation applies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...Sandeep here from SRM...remember....

    Nice read...consumer demon....

    Heard you got into ******* ...cool....
    Somebody I know is also in your batch staying at the hostel.....
    You'll probably meet that person tommr..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm annoyed. I can't find anything I want.
    To top it all, the phone company b@$... decided to cut off my phone connection today. Apparently my service has been discontinued.
    I'm wild with impotent fury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. musafir - tried it, didnt work. i dont know if it was because of the strogen. couldnt have been. i have it too. i dont think it is rationality repressing.

    sandeep - hi

    vish - life's a bitch. we are too. fury is good, constructive even, sometimes. but impotent fury burns you up from inside and that is nothing you can do about it. get another phone comapny or do what i do - use friends' phones

    ala - many thanks. refer to new post.

    word:xzzdmc -that's exactly how i feel.

    ReplyDelete