Tuesday, May 09, 2006

There was a glass bowl on the table next to the monitor. It was perched precariously close to the edge. It had Chlormints and Alpenliebes - both the normal caramel stuff and the awful strawberry flavoured ones. They got over quickly. SOon only the wrappers remained. I had a file full of certificates - they have stories too. Stories that are too embarrassing for me to reveal; which implies that they will get exposed soon enough. ANyway, I was rummaging through my certs, trying to figure out which order they were in and if the photocopies were in the same order as the originals and if I had photocopies for all certs and vice versa, when CRASH!! Silence. I contemplated hiding my considerable bulk under the desk. FOrtunately it hadn't fallen on anybody. Atleast I don't have damage to a person's foot (or some other part of the body) on my consience.

I will always be known as the girl who broke a bowl on the first week of work.

Damn people all laughed. They laughed, damn them.

Dinner tonight with the big wigs. Wonder what I'll break there. Touch wood.

7 comments:

  1. It couldve been worse, says "guy who runs into doors twice on his first day"

    -Random

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to consider putting up a disclaimer, you know, just in case someone from the company puts 2 and 2 together...yeah, I know the bit about you blogging anonymously, but still.

    word verification: rtuiucsw

    Sheesh, that rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was "Hilllarious" :D...and it also reminded me of someone's summer job at a company called Hurix... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bivas - I am not competing with Anish. No way.

    Random - true. Would it help if I told you that I tripped twice and did "the almost fell" dance both times on my first day?

    musafir - done. does it pass muster?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, why do I even bother telling you?

    *walks away in frustration, but reads the rest of the comments on his way out and comes back...*

    I see we're sharing "first-day" tales...As for me, I blew up two perfectly new PCBs on my first day because I reversed the polarity while soldering a capacitor -- not once, but twice.

    Yeah, yeah, I know that's geeky, but that's that.

    And you call that "thing" a disclaimer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might help, I guess it would depend on the amount of arm flailing involved during the "almost fell" dance.....and the number of people around to see the aforesaid arm flailing.....

    - Random

    ReplyDelete
  7. u r way better off..i slapped my boss on the back the very first dayand asked how is it going...
    -srini

    ReplyDelete