Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm a snob. If somebody pronounces the 'b' in debt or 'p' in receipt, I snigger. I am not proud of it, but what the hell. Nobody's perfect. I am so close. Sigh.

There are way too many people here. And they all look the same. Not really the same, but the same as in I still don't know most of them and their faces sort of blend. I was talking to somebody the other day and he mentioned a name. I didn't know who he was talking about and I said Who?, and he said "the girl with dark hair." And pause and me - "What?". And he said, "Sorry. I have no idea why I said that."

People with naturally dark (read dark brown or black) hair should not colour it straw. Red is not good either. Straw and red are ok if that person is creepily fair (Addams Family-ish) but not when they have sub-continent, melanin excess. Or normal brown skin. LIke the same somebody said earlier this week, it looks like they threw up, on their hair. NOt always, but there are some regrettable incidents. Bleagh. Anyway, what do I know, I have had the same hair style since I was 14 and my hair went from straight (till I was 11) to curly (11 to 14) and back to a weird straight (14 till date). So, while I am no expert at follicle dynamics, I do have eyes. Short sighted, but they work. When I wear my spectacles.

Spectacles. I wear them and I sometimes watch it as it unfolds. English is a weird language.

There are so many tamil-speaking people here. I miss Bhubaneshwar where I could say anything in tamil to a small-ish group of people and get away with it. Also miss actually having people to talk to, but I don't want to be maudlin.

I did not know that Indian Idol was so popular. I have not seen it. And I don't want to, after watching a few episodes of what it is modelled on. I might have said this before, Ace made me want to throw up with his version of Train's Drops of Jupiter. Felt like somebody stuck a hot iron in my ears. Is the previous sentence right? Should it be " stuck hot irons"? Whatever. Anyway, somebody (not the same somebody) told me that it was very popular in the north and the only reason some guy (his name started with a K) didn't win last season was because he didn't get enough votes from the south. I didn't get it. I still don't.

Haven't had lunch. GOing to have some food. BYe.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the guy who lost is "Karunya". Very good talent but as always it went unrewardd.

    ReplyDelete