Friday, May 19, 2006

I timed it. I stood in the queue for 17 mins, shovelled food onto my plate in less than a minute and looked for a place to plonk my seat for 5 mins (this was not timed. I was too busy wading through the crowd, looking for a empty spot.) It took me less than 2 mins to decide that the food was not worth having. My thoughts must have appeared in a bubble over my head because when I got up from my chair, there were three people behind me attacking the poor thing. One grabbed the backrest, one tried to climb over it and one tried to slide in between the two (dramatization).

There has to be a better system than this. They need to get a better food contractor and more space. And better food. And I need to get a life. And a place to stay in.

I'm getting kicked out of this most luxurious guesthouse by the end of next week. I need a flat. I am sharing this as of yet unknown flat with someone. A known someone. Not very well known but better known than many others. SHe was my neighbour at the college hostel; the state of her room was worse than mine - that's an accomplishment on its own. Oh well, we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. well... i have asked around and there are brokers. why, do you know anybody who would give their home to two poor, overpaid girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. r u staying with Shilpa???????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. you are not allowed to be amused.

    rqickq

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola gal! been ages...so thou finally in Hyderabdad? ( sure if you wanna exercise your grey cells you might wanna go 'what do you mean 'finally?' but then knowing you am sure you wouldnt even bother...." )
    Everyone I know seems to be heading towards Hyderabad nowadays...mmm...
    well that's just anothe houese where I can gate crash in I guess....of course I accept your invitation..come on...you are too kind..yes yes I know that's a rarity...

    Yes I am overworked..one of those days...
    I hope your work is as boring a smine!
    *Evil grin * (We cannot really have a happy,contented and non cribbing Meera can we? In that case who will give Vish company? ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girish! I have two words to say to you: Ada paavi!

    Meera I found an apartment, sort of. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. vish - dont rub it in.
    girish - nice to see you again.

    ReplyDelete