Monday, May 01, 2006

One bag packed. 2 more to go. And tomorrow, I am off to the hot city. It couldn't possibly be hotter than CHennai. I went out at 7 this morning and in 10 mins, I was thoroughly drenched. It was not a pretty sight.

Ann Arbor people, congrats on gra-joo-ashun. Yeah, I got your mail Vish.

This morning, I spent an hour getting my papers together. I have to submit 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation marksheets and associated certificatates when I join. How embarrassing. WHy can't they just make do with the certificates? Invariably, there will be a bunch of overachievers when I am submitting my stuff and they will all be comparing their grades and will make polite noises when I a)refuse to show my marks b)show my marks or c)kill myself in shame. I'll let you know how it goes.

I just printed out about 200 pages of 5 spreadsheets for my father. The first 50 pages are in portrait and the rest are in landscape. The first 100 pages don't have the column labels in each page and the rest do. Fortunately they are all in the same font and size. Thank god for small mercies. I hope I'm not here when he sees them.

Bye.

P.s. Keith. Noodle almost cooked. I still have to type it. It's all in my head.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Someone actually congratulated me for graduating.

    Even my mother hasn't congratulated me yet (she is just relieved that I survived). I feel honored.

    (Yes, I realise that I wasn't personally congratulated, I just fall in the general "Ann Arbor people" category, but what the heck, personal enough for me)

    I believe all "overachievers" should be rounded up at the town square and shot in the head........a little bit too extreme ?

    -Random

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all. Though, when Vishaka was here, she was in that category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then, it can't be helped. If Vishaka was one of THEM (I say 'them' with extreme disgust), then she has to be taken care of......

    Now if I can just figure out where the town-square actually is...............

    -Random

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was and overachiever?!?!?!
    How? When? Where was I when that happened???

    ReplyDelete
  5. vish - you got a book from some prof for being at the top of her class remember?

    ReplyDelete