Monday, September 25, 2006

Brilliant weekend. As usual, I didn't do much of what I had to do - like grocery shopping and throwing out the milk and taking out the garbage and calling people and stuff. And I did a lot of TV and books - I finished Winds of War - 3 hours on Friday and all of my waking hours of Saturday and 6 DVDs of amazing stuff. I saw this almost 10 years ago and I remember so much of it differently - or maybe I am mixing up two different 2nd world war movies/series. Didn't Natalie go to concentration camp? Didn't Warren die? Wasn't Byron part of the French resistance? How many movies am I mixing up?
 
And then on Sunday, I finished Young Hornblower and Admiral Hornblower omnibuses (Is the plural of Omnibus, Omnibi?). Again, brilliant stuff; though I didn't get why he married Maria. That brought me to Sunday evening and I finished up the day with Enemy of the State and I, Robot. I saw the end of I, Robot for the first time. I sort of liked it better this time, than when I saw it earlier. Maybe the print makes a difference - and the end wasn't cut off, so that is a huge plus. I got confused between Jack Nicholson and John Voigt in Enemy of the State. that ever happen to anybody? If J.N hadn't been wearing glasses with yellow lenses through the movie, it would have gotten very weird.
 
My eyes hurt.
 
How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. dats a lot for one weekend :-)Wow!!!
    Weekend for me was the usual. One movie on saturday, eating out somewhere, played pool and slept...looooots of hours of sleep :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, meera, you care about us oh-so-much. You're always asking about our weekends and stuff. How about I tell you about next weekend then? My parents are giving me, the vish, my bro, and my sis-in-law a bunch of money to get drunk together. Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh? cd- when did you ever care about getting drunk?

    ReplyDelete