Monday, September 04, 2006

Sad me.
 
Vish - I have become one of those sad people who are dependant on their phone for everything - remainders, time, phone numbers, and moral support. I am one of those people I used to make fun of.
 
The weekend was weird. I squirmed out of coming to work. A bunch of people turned up in hyd from bangalore and mumbai. We saw Cars. It was not very good. They had taken a generic racing movie and made it colourful, changed the dialogues a bit to fit in a "cars are people" world. Not fun. Entertaining in bits and pieces but overall, bleh.
 
I didn't get my phone back. I have a new one now. Nokia 6030. It does not have a camera or bluetooth or internet and it can't make breakfast for me. I can use it to make and receive calls, send and receive messages, store numbers, as a timepiece and alarm. Now all I need is a connection. I hate that I am so needy.
 
I went back home on friday and looked at the laundry basket. It was full and there was a pile of clothes as tall as the laundry basket next to the laundry basket. (I have written laundry basket 4 times now).
 
So my roommate and I went out and bought a washing machine. That is 9000 rupees gone, bam, between the two of us. Last week, we went to buy bean bags and ended up buying a dining table. Bam. 5000 rupees. One phone. 4000 rupees. And I haven't even paid the rent yet. And cable and electricity and TV rent and refridgerator rent and phone bill and so on and so forth. Money just flows out of my account.
 
I told a cousin about this place. 1st member of the family to know about this other than the sister. Hi S.
 
Go work.

5 comments:

  1. I think the primary motivation in maintaining a blog - for a lot of people - is this deep-rooted desire of leading a secret life.

    It's a good thing my brother doesn't have internet at work. And he's not the googling type either ... I wonder if he already knows ... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Italy S.

    word: gotsu - fooood...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think the old cell-phone's playing hide n seek with u ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I want gotsu.

    I've forgotten what I wanted to say here Meera.

    ReplyDelete