Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I was in a call right now for about an hour and a half with two other people. I set up the call, said hi to both of them and then proceeded to not say a word for the rest of the call. And since the speakerphone was being a pain, I had to hold the phone up all the time and now my ear is hot. All for nothing. And at the end of the call I said my good byes and put the phone down. For this I missed lunch.
 
Sigh. Have to go eat now and come back to work.
 
Government holiday today in Andhra Pradesh. For visarjan. Why do they need a whole day to put the Ganesh idol in water? ANd why can't they do it after working hours? Dammit. Why am I in the oofice when an entire state's (and several others') population is enjoying a day off in the middle of the week.
 
I complain too much. Way to much. Chronic Complainer - that's me. 

3 comments:

  1. Ow.

    I hate conference calls. A lot of folks I work with are in Europe, and it is a pain coordinating things and being on the line for three hours, compensating for multiple time differences and assorted crap.

    Blah.

    We all whine too much, but I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people I work with are in the US: imagine my pain in coordinating across time zones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, see -- night and day are okay. A 12 hour difference makes it manageable for _one_ team.

    The problem with working with someone who's like 5-6 hours away is that you have to get to work at 7, and they have to leave work at 10.

    Makes it horrible for everybody.

    ReplyDelete