Thursday, September 14, 2006

Do you find people of a certain "type" unbearable? Do you find it difficult to look beyond some first impressions?
 
There was this girl in college; short, high pitched voice, and she had a weird walk. Disliked her on first sight. A guy in college - tall, dark, deep voice and the first impression I had when I spoke to him the first time was "Smarmy Bastard". Cut to now - woman, weird, high pitched voice, round, and smiles all the time. My first thought - fake. I can generally get over first impressions. Some people I thought were stuck up and rude and obnoxious are now very good friends of mine. So I can change my minds about some people, but others, nope. Not a chance. They draw the same reaction from me that a cockroach does and we all know how much I just love the roaches. I don't know why. In the case of the first girl, nobody else liked her either. So I figured, good gut reaction. In the case of the guy, everybody liked him and I couldn't stand to be in the same room with him. And I haven't quite figured out the latest yet.

7 comments:

  1. do i know the smarmy bastard? sounds like a classmate of yours i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... sounds like SOMEBODY has a CRRRRUUSSSHHHH!

    At least in movies, you know, when the heroine hates this tall guy for no reason, it always ends with her falling for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophist - yeah maybe you do. I don't know.

    Anonymous - No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I know the smarmy bastard? Sounds like a classmate of ours I wish I did't know. :)

    Whos the girl? Not me I hope. I'm trying to think of girls I disliked in college and squaring it with your description, but guess what I hardly remember people from college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the girl I'm with was indifferent, only to realise that she was shy - and now I've given her a ring. :)

    So, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. vish - you don't know the girl - that was Orissa times. You know the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm.. i think i know the girl, meera's dream come true , eh ?

    ReplyDelete