Friday, August 04, 2006

My father gave me Lynn Truss' Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today last night.
Was it a hint?

I didn't go to the reception last night; or the wedding this morning. I met appa and patti for about an hour last night. Patti regaled us with stories of her father-in-law. He sounded interesting. Would have been nice to meet him. Anyway, apparently the bride's dad is a Telugu actor and consequently the South Indian acting/directing community was very well represented. My father had no clue who any one was, my grandmother knew a few and her younger sister knew all. Some 3000-4000 people turned up, apparently. Phew. I am glad I didn't go. Thank the merciful gods.

No mood to work. Lots to do. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

  1. wuss.

    do you know if superstar turned up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. howdy M ? m back to civilization.. hopefully was missed as much as i missed seeing educated ppl around.. who wudnt pick their noses in public or sip tea all day long..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metlin & Ala - How can you ask?There is only one superstar. The Superstar. Nan oru thadava sonna nooru thadava sonna mari. That Superstar.

    Shri - Civilized people don't drink tea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If I say it once, it is as if I said it a hundred times"

    - Rajinikant.

    You lived in a hovel?

    ReplyDelete