Monday, August 28, 2006

So.
Why does speaking/writing about food make people, who hear/read it, hungry.
 
Is it like hearing running water and needing to pee oh so badly. It really, no pun intended, pisses me off. There are fountains and rock gardens with waterfalls in my place of work (cool, huh?). And there is one right outside where I go to have lunch and breakfast. And everytime I pass the waterfall, I need to go. Go now. It is awful. Hate it. So. Much.
 
Do other people also have this problem? Why couldn't my parents toilet train me differently? When I see my cousins try to get their kids use the toilet and they do the whole running water thing, I feel really bad. Damn. Another generation of people whose bladder is getting conditioned to react to running water.
 
I was going to write about someting totally different and got side tracked. Again.
 
More later.

3 comments:

  1. lol. You had me in splits over this. Now am gonna be laughing like a crazy mad hatter every time I try to do this stuff with my little one. No, I haven't done the water thingy with her, but now that I have your side of the 'training' doubt I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my cousin not to contribute to her daughter's future torture. She said it was more important for her to get her to use the potty than worry about 20 years later. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite authors is this dude called L.E. Modesitt, Jr. -- and I never read any of his books when I'm hungry.

    That guy describes food _so_ well that it just makes me crave food. ARGH!

    Okay, enough. Need to go grab some munchies. Tchuss! (-:

    ReplyDelete