Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The weekend was like the rest of my life. Nothing happened. I bought a couple of old John Grisham's. Client and Pelican Brief. Stuff he wrote before road kills like The Painted House and The Bretheren. Gah.

National Geographic had a thing about the construction of the Hoover Dam. It was awesome. They used circus acrobats!!! And interlocking blocks of concrete so that the water pressure doesn't break the dam down like it apparently did to some other dam. Brilliant.

I have noticed that my roommate falls asleep when the TV is on. Especially if it was something she wanted to see. Like Madagascar last week. Or this Dams thing last night. Or LOTR 3 a few weeks ago. Hmm. Weird.

I finally applied for a credit card yesterday. They 'lost' my previous application. Bloody ICICI.

Any other news?

4 comments:

  1. hehehe...we got our icici cards pretty much on time...i must say they are the most efficient of the lot.
    John Grisham did u say...n did u mention The CLient And The Pelican Brief!!! Gosh what a coincidence...
    I have been reading e-books of grisham since last week...finished pelican brief last week...and am abt to finish the client tomorrow...
    Other news...yeah...Goin HOME next week :D...to bbsr :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read Dune _and_ you read John Grisham?

    Somehow that seems....surreal. Honestly, though, after reading the good pieces of literature (Dune, 100 years of solitude etc.), reading "pop" authors is like listening to Mozart's breathtaking performance and then hearing Britney Spears trying to sing on the radio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metlin - Snoot. I also read Three Investigators, Hardy Boys, William and Folktales from Ireland recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I read^W have read Hardy Boys - although, I still enjoy re-reading Three Investigators and Enid Blyton; but I merely meant that sometimes, most other authors seem like such a let-down after reading the good ones.

    ReplyDelete