Tuesday, June 13, 2006

There is this place called Chaitra on road # 2 that makes great appam. We were the only customers last evening. I had appam and kurma and some brinjal and coconut thingy. The brinjal and coconut thingy was forgettable. The kurma was very spicy. The appam was yummy. Hot, soft. mmmmmm.

I have work. Yay?

I saw Flight 93 last night. It was sad. Inspite of knowing what was going to happen, I was wishing (expecting?) everybody or atleast a few people to live. Only when they showed the crater and the smoke did it register that they all died. It was a little too much; especially because it was "based on real events". I'm too used to almost happy endings in Hollywood disaster movies. Everybody was a little too brave, a little too accepting. It didn't seem real. I don't know. I have never been hijacked.

I still can't get over Chaiyya Chaiyya in The Inside Man. Everytime I think of it, I have that "It didn't really happen that way, did it?" feeling. Unbelievable. Why? The movie itself has blurred. I remember only the shock of the title song.

4 comments:

  1. perima's made badam halwa. just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what appam is, sounds interesting though.

    I didn't see Flight 93 for precisely the same reason, you know the end is going to be bad. I don't need happy endigns, infact the sadder the ending the better, but I can't watch true stories.

    I watched Inside Man with my friends here in a theatre. As soon as Chaiyya Chaiyya started playing all of just looked at each other kinda surprised. We were the only four Indians in the theatre and obviously understood the lyrics, I just wonder what the other people in the theatre thought about the opening song. Loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piss off sophist.

    I liked inside man too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, its been forever since I had appam kurma. Ah, heaven. I want appam kurma bad. Like real bad. Its not even easy enough to make at home is it? Ah well. Every man has his cross to bear.
    Tara is not allowed to brag about badam halwa. Another thing its been forever since I had.
    Life...
    But....I WATCHED CARS!!! Yeah Sid, forgot to tell you on the phone. Its AWESOME

    ReplyDelete