Friday, June 02, 2006

Footwear should not feel like coffin for the feet.

I got off the bus yesterday and "Florsheim" stared me at the face. I have been wearing the same old chappals for the past 4 months and I felt like getting something new. I didn't think that I would buy something from someplace that looked so expemsive, but I had time to kill, so what the hell.

Half an hour and almost 10 pairs of shoes later, I was convinced. I am a freak. I have big feet. Shoe factories don't make shoes my size. Shoe designers, like clothes designers, have no idea that people like me exist in the income range that they are targetting.

So I went to Bata, sure that I would get lots of choice there. Did I? Did I? Noooooooooooooooo. They had my size, but in those pointy heeled, one foot off the ground, shoes. I can't wear those. I wouldn't know what to do with those. I'd a) fall off b) trip c)twist my ankle d)hurt my back e)hurt my heels and in all probablility, within 10 mins of walking in those, I'd take them off and walk bare foot. I know me. I'd do that, even on the road. I'm lazy, spoilt and need my comfort. I can always wash my feet later.

I wish I could go to sleep and wake up with small feet. Not just small feet, I want a lot more, but right now, I'd settle for that. Make it happen.

8 comments:

  1. "I wish I could go to sleep and wake up with small feet. Not just small feet, I want a lot more, but right now, I'd settle for that. Make it happen."

    :)

    By the way, shouldn't it be "stared me in the face"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not allowed to do that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. small feet? mmmm..maybe they should have tied your feet when you were a baby like they do to some chinese babies of the f. of the s.
    alright alright have no idea about the authenticity of the above 'trivia' but anyway I dont relaly think it is a bad thing to tie up the feet of humans generally. In fact the older they are the better..atleast that way they will end not having their foot in the mouth once too often!:D:D:D

    Yes the denouement was deliberate to come up with the joke...you know how it is...they often blame software engineers have no sense of humor. They should see our code.

    anyway...guess it's just the blog...somehow i feel like rabbling on with no coherence :P:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. alright it was 'rambling'...which am sure if you had read it you would have pointed out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girish- long time. Hows the boy?
    And as for you- I'm in Theju's house bursting with good food, but its all coming to an end today.
    I got plenty of shoes my size, but none in the kind I want. And then I suddenly struck gold and found a pair of work shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. vish - you are small. i am big. there is no comparison.

    girish - hey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what are you complaining about? your feet are smaller than mine. though i do buy shoes for myself. regularly. fanatically. so you shouldn't really be complaining. if i can find shoes, you can.

    g's left shoes for you in madras. with heels and gold something. apparently you said you'd wear them.

    who are you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. just because your feet are bigger than mine does not mean my feet are small - it just means that your feet are huge.

    what shoes? i thought she was giving those to vidya? more heels? i'll wear anything if it is comfy.

    ReplyDelete