Friday, July 07, 2006

All done. For now,

I hope to be at home today by 5.30. Hope being the operative word. I met this really funny guy today. Nice, but funny. He had a very mobile face and waved his hands all over the place during the conversation. He winked, bulged his eyes, and generally made faces during lunch (which was very good). Clients should visit more often; we get such great food - a little bland, but definitely better than standard fare. All the stress of the past three weeks was worth it. The Gulab Jamun was so yummy. Hot and ummmm.

These people have no idea what spicy is. They found the food, which I found bland (but didn't mind because I am used to my father's unbelievably weak stomach), very spicy. Sad people. I bet they have never had oorugai sadam. Imagine going through life with out kaaram food. tcha.

I have to go pee.

And then make small talk after everybody else finishes making their presentations. Or watch and nod. Or smile till my face breaks. Or all of the above. What a tough life I lead.

6 comments:

  1. Cribber Cribber on the Wall.. who is the Grumpiest of them All ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still remember the shocked look on arvind's face when appa screamed at the maitre'd at copper chimneys because the food was too spicey and not in various different colours.

    was the food in different colours? shades of green, red and brown? some yellow maybe? blue? pink? silver foiled (ugh)?

    i miss oorugai saadam.

    i was just telling a friend today about how you were so much more friendlier than me. i guess this post means i'm crustier and meaner than scrooge. ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are friendlier than Tara? Is that for real? Do I know Meera and Tara, or do I actually know Tara and Meera?

    Well never mind. I'm mixed up.

    I want gulab jamuns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are always mixed up vish, though in this case i agree; i'm friendlier than you? i'm more polite yeah, but friendlier?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, you are. as far as i can see. i think.

    you think not?

    ReplyDelete