Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The damn wind was blowing hard and fast yesterday. It had the audacity to try to blow me off my path. I'm embarrassed to say that it almost succeeded. Me! I'm stunned.

And in other news, I have a sore throat and I want to sleep. For a long long time.

Last night we were supposed to have dinner with some people. Work people. Anyway, work kept piling up and they ate without me. So, I went out for dinner with another girl who also ended up not going. We were so hungry. We had this funny "Crispy Veggies" thing. It was like bajji, but less oily. Interesting. We ate and we ate. And when we could have no more, we had ice cream. Good stuff.

And I went home. Saw bits and pieces of VH1 CLassic. They kept playing Duran Duran. Interestingly, somebody asked me at work yesterday if there was a group called Duran Duran. I was stunned at his ignorance. And I slept. It was cold. The wind was still blowing. It has been raining for the past week. Clothes never dry. It is starting to get annoying. The Chinese water torture ( or was it Japanese?).

By the way, I finally have someone who comes home and washes clothes and sweeps and mops and here's the best part: she also cooks!! Yay. No very well, but let's not be greedy. She started yesterday.

I need cough syrup. Benedryl, where are you?

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't know Duran Duran was a band until college. (When I found out I still didn't care.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Duran Duran, I used to watch the video of the song Ordinary world all the time when MTV was still new and didn't convert to Channel V in India.

    Oh, I also used to watch the video for Come Undone , though I was more interested in that female who was chained underwater in the video, I think she was a mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhuh uhuh..

    too busy for you.

    but yeah, american pervasive pop culture. true. thank god for it. i like carnatic music but only that!? i would be very bored. can't hate something that gave me Frasier and Becker and so on and so forth. but yes. i shouldn't make fun of people who don't fill up their heads with nonsense like i do. but i do. i'm sad like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... I never really put much thought into Duran Duran before, but I at least knew they weren't american ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superman (the movie) was okay, one time watch. The character was like just as braindead, but then I didn't care one way or the other.

    Lois Lane sucked - this kid was so demure and shy that it is _so_ not Superman.

    Lex Luthor was a joke -- he was made into a mockery of the original dude, and it was unfair.

    You could probably watch it once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. keith - now you know. we are all found out. by american, i meant west of Asia. like all indians south of the vindhyas are called madrasis (ask vish for explanation).

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh. you know what the vindhyas are...

    ReplyDelete