Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hey nobody commented on the Sri Sai Deluxe Mess. I really want to know.

I'm in training for the next 2 weeks. Yesterday I made the mistake of sitting in front; every 10 minutes, the guy would look at me and go, "Ok?", "Yes?", "Do you have any doubt?", "Do you understand?", "Am I too fast?". Ugh. I'm going to sit as far away from him as possible today. Which won't be very far, because there are only 8 of us getting trained and the room we are in is barely big enough. But still, at least a little farther away.

Should I be worried that the company I work for has bomb detection gear and uses them? On every vehicle and person to go through their hallowed gates?

I keep taking the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch, inspite of the fact that I don't like it very much purely because the lines for the other counters are too long. I decided today that enough was enough and had toast & omlette for breakfast. Lets see what I have for lunch.

And continuing on my laundry saga, the landlady's maid washed about 5 days laundry (mine and D's) last night. The smell of freshly washed clothes filled the air. Umm Detergent. We are getting a washing machine this week. Why don't they have laundromats in Hyderabad? (Do they exist in India? Anywhere in India? I'm moving there.)There are a huge number of dry cleaners; wouldn't this be a natural extension?

I dreamt that I left my ID/Swipe card at home and I was holding up a long queue at the gate. And I was getting more and more frantic when the security guy at the gate told me to go back home and not come to work without it. In reality, they just give us a temporary ID and we have to sign in a register or something. But dream world is not the real world. I was so relieved when I woke up.

I get up everyday at 5.57 am. I don't know why but I have been getting up at 5.57am for almost 3 weeks now. Or more. And then I promptly go back to sleep. I get up again anywhere between 6.18 and 6.22. Wake up the roomie. Do the morning rituals and stuff. Leave at around 7.15. Sometimes with D, sometimes without. Today without. She still hadn't woken up when I left. I was so jealous. She sleeps in and I don't. Damn it.

4 comments:

  1. ask officers from the british times or ask the british?

    avoid brown rust lines on your def leppard t shirt by hanging yor clothes on plastic drying lines. or twine. or just rope, in which case you'll get weird fibers. Plastic is the best.

    we had a dryer in bhubaneshwar though we never had one at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latin "missus", which means "course at dinner" led to the old french word "mes" which means "food for one course". In the 1400s, this came to mean four people eating together, which in the 1500s in Britain came to mean a company of people (soldiers) eating together.

    There you go. Happy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5.57AM
    Reminds me of that movie where the person wakes up at 6:02 everyday and is in a time loop...forgot the name of the movie again

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess it is the same...saw it long back on Star Movies

    ReplyDelete