Tuesday, May 24, 2005

In the loo

Why do people stand around and talk in the loo after they are done?? By in the loo, i mean near the washbasins, not really IN the loo. OK. I was totally constipated today (like you wanted to know that!) and by 12pm i just couldnt take it anymore (you really wanted to know that!). So I went to the loo. (Duh!) There were these two women who were having a very loud and giggly conversation outside the stalls/cubicles/whatever they are called. I went into one of those whatever they are called thingys and resigned myself to a long time of pain and torture and suffering - Not the conversation that they were having, the constipation. And they went on.

1st loud lady: [jabber jabber in unknown language] giggle giggle
2nd loud lady: What!! I didn't know he was like that!! Then what happened? (this was in tamil)
1st: [jabber jabber some more] more giggles
2nd: giggle giggle Sounds like you two had fun this weekend! [I did not want to know!! ugh.. meanwhile, I was in a lot of pain, in case you wanted to know.]
1st: I also did not know that it could be like that. [what? what are you talking about?] But it was great ... I really had a good time. [huh]
2nd: Introduce me also to him. I really want to meet this guy. [ok lady, now what are you talking about? inquisitive minds want to know. btw, Still in pain]

and this went on for a while in unknown language after that.... till they suddenly remembered where they were standing and decided to go back, i'm assuming they went back to work or maybe they went back to this remarkable man who did... what exactly?

I did not know constipation could be so entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. meera, your BEST post so far!!!
    am on the fone with nita, and read it out loud to her..VERY nice

    ReplyDelete