Monday, June 20, 2005

Choices

I have to decide my electives by Sunday. I want to major in Marketing and do a little bit of everything else, hopefully some subjects to pull my cqpi up. A lot up. So this morning, one day after I get to this searing heat, a lot of strangers and a room covered by a thin layer of dust EVERYWHERE, I had to start choosing. One would think I would have worked it all out by now, and I had. But the bloody Dean had to put out a schedule in which there are two electives simultaneously in one hour (Hour being a misnomer as one "period" lasts 90 mins, but whatever). And so, I have to choose. I have figured out most of what I want, but I am shit scared; because the courses that I want to take and the courses that will push-push-push my cqpi up seem to be mutually exclusive, though not collectively exhaustive. What am I going to do?

I was supposed to come to Chennai for my cousin's wedding, but that's off; I have so much work to do already! uff, my life!

I ache all over. I have a splitting headache, the type that makes you see red spot in front of your eyes. My palm aches! But that was what would be a "Only Meera" occurance. Why? Because, yesterday, there was sambar-vadai for "snacks" at 5pm. I was hungry and gobbled up the hard-as-rock vadais but the sambar remained. Being in a hurry, I took the plate full of hot sambar and went to sit on the stairs. As God wishes to make my existence full of embarassing moments, somebody jostled my hand, JUST as I had sat down and I spilt the sambar ALL OVER MYSELF! So I went, barefoot (where were my shoes??) and washed it off. Several people told me it looked like I had puked on myself. But it dried up quickly. And then, I wanted coffee. So I got some coffee - boiling hot coffee, and promptly spilt it on my left hand and trousers! So, I burnt my hand, had to wash my trousers all over again, though I had my shoes on this time and had to walk all the way back to the hostel in wet clothes. Funnily enough, only the new students stared, my batchmates all loked at it as just another day in Meera's life. I wonder what that says about me?

But other than that, I'm very ill. Nauseated and in pain. Feel bad for me. I want to be home. I want mushroom soup and six grain toast and tomato chutney and VH1 and my DVD player and everybody there.

The weather is very weird. It is boiling hot during the day and very breezy at night. So I hate it and I love it. Apparently it was a lot worse last week. Goodnight. I feel like shit.

I Heart Comments. Makes me feel Loved.

2 comments:

  1. hullo?looks like someone started their sem all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's meera i guess! have fun

    ReplyDelete