Thursday, June 02, 2005

Kick ass movie

I saw KungFu Hustle last night, with my aunt and great-aunt. I thought it would be weird with my great-aunt there, because she watches only tamil movies and tamil soaps. It wasn't. But maybe that was because she was sitting on one side of my aunt and I was sitting on the other. Anyway, the movie rocked. Everything about the movie rocked. The dumbass story line, the 'The One' references, the action sequences, the mute girl-dumb guy line, the 'beast', the retired fighters, the fat friend, the boss, the sidekicks, the 3 initial kung fu masters, the musicians, the hilarious dialogues. I could go on forever.
The brilliance of this movie was the lame, capitalized kung fu styles. The Lion's Roar, The Iron Hand, The Buddha's Palm, and others that I don't remember.
The Hollywood action movie references were great too.
I died laughing when Donut told the Landlord, "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility". Take that Spidey!
The Matrix style fight in the end with The Beast and The Axe gang was better than the original Matrix fight scene. This guy actually had emotions in his face and didn't look like a wooden board pretending to be a man.
There were a lot more things in this movie that I loved. I don't remember it all. So that's it from me about this movie.
There should have been a show down between Celine Dion and The Lion's Roar. I wonder who would have been the last one standing.
In the car, on our way back from the movie, my great-aunt said that the 'lollipop' girl was very pretty. She also said that the lollipop girl was his sister. I WAS wondering if she had understood the movie; that kinda answered it for me.
I went home and saw LOTR-1 again.
Directed by Stephen Chow
Produced by Stephen Chow
Written by Stephen Chow
Starring Stephen Chow
Three Cheers to Stephen Chow

1 comment:

  1. I saw 30 minutes of clippings from the Tamil version - Mirattal Adi - on KTV last Sunday- along with my sis - and we were howling all through. Especially the fight with the duo of musicians.

    And yes, totally loved the way they made fun of the Matrix!!

    ReplyDelete