Saturday, June 04, 2005

Relatives everywhere

Sometimes, I go with my mother to a park near our apartment for our moning jolks. About 2 months ago, we met a man there, about 60 years old, short and wiry, who we'd say 'Good Morning' to everyday. A week after we first 'met' him, my mother spoke to him and we found out that he is also interested in charity work.Afetr that, he, my mother and my father would talk for a while everyday after the statutory 4 rounds. He was, I think, the president or secretary of the "Mylapore Walkers Association". I kid you not. He was also the "coach" for all the other overweight, elderly folks for their morning yoga/laughter therapy thingy. All in all, a very interesting man.

I met him this morning, at around 6.30. He was sitting on the concrete circular culvert/seat/stage thing around a large tree, somewhere in the middle of the park in his standard shorts, gray T-Shirt, sneakers and socks pulled up till just below the knee.
I found out that he is my aunt's sister-in-law's daughter's father-in-law AND went to school and was a cousin of the same aunt's son-in-law's father. My mother's name had, apparently, come up in some conversation at his house and his wife had told him that she (my mother) was Vatsala's (the above-mentioned aunt) sister. He was very pleased to inform me that we were related.
Apparently, the world is a very small place indeed.

3 comments:

  1. ONLY with ur family....

    ReplyDelete
  2. how terrible to have to bump into relatives all the time. i wish mine would disappear.

    ReplyDelete