Friday, June 03, 2005

Minority Report-ish

Malaysia to fingerprint all new-born children

UK biometric IDs are going to be made compatible with US scanners

If you have all that security, this is how the new terror/thieves/scary shit is going to be.

Basically, if I get biometric security, a fingerprint enabled car and a retinal-scanned passport, instead of losing just a car and a passport, I get to lose a car and my finger, a passport and my eye! And thank to those right-wing, pro-life, anti-science, "You can't use the cells in your own body to make your life better as that would be playing God and killing babies that will never be born anyway" morons, there will be no stem-cell research and I will not be able to get another eye or a finger!

Maybe I should have been born a Salamander. At least I could have grown a cut-off finger back.

No comments:

Post a Comment