Thursday, June 16, 2005

Kodai revisited

I went to my grandmother's house today at 10 am. Nobody was at home. They had all apparently gone to the same wedding that my mother had gone to, the same one she had asked me to go with her to. Why did I not think of that?

I am a terrible vacation companion. I get moody, irritable, depressed, annoying; a regular pain in the ass. But I had a good time. I don't know about the others.

(VH1 is playing "The Fabulous Life of Justin Timberlake". He apparently has 500 pairs of sneakers. Imagine how bad his house smells! We have 4 pairs of used sneakers in this house, that part of the house smells like dirt, sweat and old socks. Now imagine there were 500 sneakers in the house. ugh. Buut I suppose he has an army of people to keep him from sweating or something.)

So, Kodai -
I spent around 2 hours a day, all four days that I was there, walking around the lake. Not jolking, just walking, more like ambling, really. (There are too many commas in the previous sentence.) And another 1 hour on the lake, boating. On the second day, my great aunt came boating with me. She had gone the previous day with Tara and to my great mortification, she asked me if I could row, or should she go with Tara again!! I showed her! She is still alive and well, and she came that evening and the next day too. She told me stories of her and my patti in Srivilliputtur when they were kids and about patti's 5 day long wedding! All the good stuff.

We didn't go anywhere much this time. Just stayed at home and relaxed. We had taken the Qualis and stuffed three plastic chairs in it for my mother, grandmother and great aunt. So they sat near the lake after walking a bit, before breakfast.

Then we'd go home, bathe and watch a movie. Lots of movies. In the 4 days that we were there, we saw Wag the Dog, Mistrial, 12 Angry Men, Singing in the Rain, Agatha Cristie's Hickory Dickory Dock, 2 Sherlock Holmes' movies, I Am Sam, and a lot of other stuff that I don't remember now.

After the movie, lunch, crash, and go out boating again. Or just laze around. Or go for a drive. Or sleep till dinner. Or till the next movie. You get the point.

I also played around 15-20 games of rummy with my grandmother. I learnt to play flush from my father, but we never got down to actually playing it. I also played about 30 hands of solitare. And taught patti how to.

That's pretty much all that we did.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Being a native of Kodai, reading the post was nostalgic.

    Know more about Kodai -
    http://kodaihills.blogspot.com/2006/01/kodaikanal-pristine-beauty

    ReplyDelete