Thursday, June 09, 2005

kodaikanal

Till I was 12, I thought everybody went on vacations like we did. I'll first tell you how we go on vacations, you tell me if it is "normal".

Generally, take 6-10 people, all related - grandparents, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles and siblings, mix with a car or two and an equal number of drivers, a cook, a house with a built in caretaker and family, a 3-bedrooms-with-attached-bathrooms house, with two living rooms (or halls or whatever you want to call them) and a kitchen, a large garden, supposedly with a quicksand at one end and a few dogs - and you get my vacation in Kodaikanal. Normal?? I doubt it.

We generally go to the same places every time - Berijam, Faery Falls, Cheese Factory, Bear Shola, Neptine Pool, Coakers Walk, so on and so forth, and/or bump into interesting/weird (or both) people, tourists or Kodai residents.

More about this time, next post.

3 comments:

  1. thank goodness shes back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're back!

    You know, methinks you're poor at Math:

    grandparents = 2
    parents = 2
    cousins = 2
    aunts = 2
    uncles = 2
    siblings = 2

    So, the sum is at least 12!! Some vacations you must have had!

    And just curious, what happened after you turned 12?

    *I guess I'd better leave*

    PS: was bored ;) And yes, it is normal, keeping with Indian vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to know i was missed. musafir - not all of them all the time. after 12, i sorta figured out that many pkids my age went on vacations with just the unit and stayed in hotels!

    ReplyDelete