Monday, October 17, 2005

back

That was one looong trip, but this time I had the side upper berth; definitely better than the 3rd tier. There was a lot of food. I had not brought any, too lazy to carry stuff and it turned out that it was a good thing that I didn't. Ecerybody else had brought food - there was puliyodarai, lime rice, curd rice, rotis, aloo, some kinda beans, chips, paratas and lots of other stuff that I don't remember. Everybody ate well. Some stuff had gone bad by dinner, and went out of the window. We ended up playing cards for a really long time. It was great fun.

Anyway, back in Bhub. It was really hot when I get here in the morning, almost 3 hours late. Damn Eastern Railways. This marks the end of good coffee for me for a long time. Good cheap coffee in any case. There is always Cafe COffee Day right out side, where I can get good cappuchino for Rs.20 plus VAT. Which I did, this afternoon. The bespectacled waiter guy greeted me like an old friend. Perhaps their profit margins had been squeezed beacuse of my week long absence. They are selling Tantra type T shirts there.

I saw Family Guy today, post lunch. Hilarious stuff. And after my Coffee Day trip, I saw Boondock Saints. I liked it. Sorta like The Four Just Men, only more blood. Edgar Wallace made all the righteous killing sound very clean and bloodless. This seemed more real. Anyway, decent movie. I didn't like the reunion with the father part, but whatever. Willem Dafoe is brilliant.

Nothing else; two classes tomorrow and back to the grind soon. I have midterms just after Diwali. Sadistic admin jerks.

I really really miss being back home. What I do like here is that i can talk in tamil and very few people understand. It's a great way to make fun of people in public without them catching on. They'll know you are making fun of them but what you say sounds like double dutch to them.

Tada.

6 comments:

  1. u nut. u came to chennai and didn't tell me? i was there for 5 days. i'm disowning u NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.. i thought you would be in b'lore so i didn't bother calling. sorry. i met only thej and she didn't tell me you were in town. it's all her fault. *wince*

    ReplyDelete